Pages

Monday 25 March 2019

Science

Method: 
- Using spatula, scoop 1/2 kiwifruit into bag. Add 25mL water + a pinch of salt.

- Mush until a thick soup.

- Pour over cloth into funnel into beaker

- Pour liquid into test tube. Add dish washing liquid + swirl. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.

- Tilt test tube on 45o angle and slowly pour 10mL of ethanol down the side. 

- Allow to sit.

The DNA sits on top of the ethanol the DNA looked like white mushy strans 

Water helped break kiwi fruit apart. Salt helped clump the DNA Ethanol helped see it as it sits on top

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.