Pages

Thursday 22 August 2019

English

“I could skin Saran alive and I still wouldn’t have my revenge.” I shrug off his
hand. “It’s not about him. It’s not even about me. If I don’t stop him tomorrow,
he’ll destroy my people like he destroyed me.”
For the first time since the torture, I feel a hint of the old fire that used to roar

louder than my fear. But its flame is weak now; as soon as it flickers, it’s blown
out by the wind.

This could be compared to chapter 74 where King Saran firmly believes in duty over self. Peace between maji and kosidán
failed in the past, so he does not want to try again.
Inan believes he must make a similar choice between his country and his
heart. He makes the same choice as his father, even though the majacite
sword blisters his own skin (this is symbolism). Inan gives up everything to be
everything his Father wants.

But the only difference is that Zelie's duty is to bring back piece and magic. Unlike King saran, his duty is war and death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.