Pages

Friday 1 November 2019

Science

Today in science, I will be researching volcanoes and the history behind it.


Tambora was the largest volcano explosion known to the planet in the last 10000 years.
It happened on 10 April 1815.
The eruption reached over 50 kilometers away.
The eruption killed more than 100000 people directly and indirectly.
Mount Tambora is still active till this day.
It is believed that the eruption created tsunamis that reached over 10 meters high.
Image result for tambora






After the research, we erupted a volcano we made. The eruption was able to happen as we mixed 4 spatulas of potassium iodide in 20 ml of water and 35% hydrogen peroxide dish washing liquid and food coloring.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.